The world changed. The tools have changed. This change brought with it new professions, extinguishing others. These new professions require new skills, skills for the 21st century, namely ICT, communication, collaborative work, analysis ... The acquisition of these skills has become one of the main challenges of the coming times, not only for our students, but also for our teachers and schools.
At the moment we are at a turning point in terms of relations between countries and between the people from different countries, with different backgrounds and cultures. All around the world, the intolerance and fear of the other seem to increase and those values are contrary to the European ideal. It is relevant to make young people aware of the dangers of spreading these values and endow them with skills and values that make them the actors and builders of a more tolerant and safer future that will be more according to the ideals of the European construction.
Our historical and cultural differences are the richness of our world in general and of Europe in particular. Thus, knowing and being aware of those differences becomes ptimordial to understand and accept them, and thus accept, understand and tolerate the other.
We also intend to show and share what is done in each of the partner countries in this field, but also to show new and effective ways of preserving and disseminating the history and culture of the partner countries.
In order to know these histories and cultures, students will develop a set of research activities in certain places / spots, research activities during their classes as well as individual research.
The result of these researches will be used to build, through the application "Aurasma", objects in augmented reality. To achieve this, videos and other learning objects are prepared in a creative way, through which the cultural, artistic and historical life of the different cities that integrate the project will be known.
Finally, these same videos and objects will be converted in Augmented Reality (RA) using the Aurasma application.
These objects will be used in a geocaching activity, held in each of the partner cities, which will help students discover the history and culture of that city.
What goals do we intend to achieve with this project?
A) To develop in the students skills for the 21st century;
B) To develop skills in new technologies, exploring the possibilities of Augmented Reality.
C) To improve the teaching and learning process inside and outside the classroom, making learning an easy, engaging and innovative experience;
D) To help the student to research and manipulate information in a creative, collaborative and committed way;
E) To help students communicate with confidence and clearly in a variety of ways and in a variety of situations.
F) To help students collaborate, speak and listen with esteem and respect for others, and work in diverse teams, exploring the differences to create new ideas.
G) To know and understand the history and culture of the partner countries of the project;
H) To develop in young people feelings of tolerance and acceptance of the other.
2. This project will target young people between the ages of 14 and 17. Thus, with the project we intend to involve around 2500 students, teachers and the local and educational community
The activities will take place between October 2017 and May 2018, and will be organized in two parts:
1. Activities developed in parallel/ at the same time:
- Each partner, in their environment and country, will develop a set of activities and visits/trips (monuments, cultural events ...) with their group of students. They will also carry out research and work on the history and culture of the respective city.
The results and products of these activities will be shared with all partners.
I. October-December 2017
- Contest for the project logo:
- Theoretical approach: the history and culture of my country.
- Interviews and analysis of monuments and culture;
- Preparation of C1 (presentation of the country, region and school)
Ii. January - May 2018
- Creating Auras
Visits to the monuments and test of the "auras" built.
- Preparation of C2
Iii. September 2018 - May 2019
- Maintenance and updating of the "Auras" built
- Preparation of C3
- Preparation of C4
Visit to a city that applies augmented reality in its tourist routes
2. Activities carried out together with the partners during T / L activities (short-term exchange of students)
The partners will develop a program for these mobilities, according to what their region has to offer.
- The first day of each mobility will basically have the same program: discover the city and host school.
The remaining days will be planned by the host school, and will include geocatcher activity and visits to more historical sites (in order to show the historical and cultural background of each partner) and others with tourist value.
Objectives of the project
- To develop in the students skills for the 21st century;
- To develop skills in new technologies, exploring the possibilities of Augmented Reality.
- To improve the teaching and learning process inside and outside the classroom, making learning an easy, engaging and innovative experience;
- To help the student to research and manipulate information in a creative, collaborative and committed way;
- To help students communicate with confidence and clearly in a variety of ways and in a variety of situations.
- To help students collaborate, speak and listen with esteem and respect for others, and work in diverse teams, exploring the differences to create new
- To know and understand the history and culture of the partner countries of the project;
- To develop in young people feelings of tolerance and acceptance of the other.
- C1- TPM - Bragança, Porugal (12th and 13th october 2017)
- C2 - LTTA - Lentini, Italy (27th November to 1st December 2017)
- C3 - LTTA - Bragança, Portuga (16th to 20th April 2018)
- C4 - TPM - Lentini, Italy (28th and 29th June 2018)
- C5 - LTTA - Piaseczno, Poland (8th to 12th October 2018)
- C6 - LTTA - Sofia, Bulgaria (11th to 15th March 2019)
- C7 - TPM - Bragança, Portugal (27th to 28th june 2019)
The school partners
Four partner schools from four countries are part of the "The aura of my city" project: